On fre, 2011-09-02 at 16:00 -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
Basically the idea is to stash away build and data dirs (after we've run
regression, PL and contrib testing) for stable branches (via a command
line option) and then test upgrading them. A trial run on the first part
is currently running. Once I have that sorted out I'll work on the
testing bit ;-)
It won't work, unless you have a solution for fixing the paths of the
shared library modules used by the regression tests.

Well, we could drop those functions and not run tests that require them. Or we could possibly install the libraries in $libdir and hack pg_proc accordingly. We'd have to install them on both the source and destination branches, of course.

Maybe people can think of other possible solutions too. I don't think we should give up in this too easily.

Maybe we need to develop a test db specifically for pg_upgrade anyway.

cheers

andrew