On 27.09.2011 00:28, Florian Pflug wrote:
On Sep26, 2011, at 22:39 , Tom Lane wrote:
It might be worthwhile to invoke XLogCheckInvalidPages() as soon as
we (think we) have reached consistency, rather than leaving it to be
done only when we exit recovery mode.

I believe we also need to prevent the creation of restart points before
we've reached consistency.

Seems reasonable. We could still allow restartpoints when the hash table is empty, though. And once we've reached consistency, we can throw an error immediately in log_invalid_page(), instead of adding the entry in the hash table.

--
  Heikki Linnakangas