On 27.10.2011 14:09, Fujii Masao wrote:
On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 7:48 PM, Magnus Hagander<mag...@hagander.net>  wrote:
I'm rewriting the handling of partial files per the other thread
started by Heikki. The idea is that there will be an actual .partial
file in there when pg_receivexlog has ended, and you have to deal with
it manually. The typical way would be to pad it with zeroes to the
end. Doing such padding would solve this recovery issue, correct?

Yes. But that sounds unuserfriendly. Padding the WAL file manually
is easy-to-do for a user?

"truncate -s 16M <file>" works at least on my Linux system. Not sure how you'd do it on Windows.

Perhaps we should add automatic padding in the server, though. It wouldn't take much code in the server, and would make life easier for people writing their scripts. Maybe even have the backend check for a .partial file if it can't find a regularly named XLOG file. Needs some thought..

--
  Heikki Linnakangas