Excerpts from Robert Haas's message of mar nov 08 01:25:31 -0300 2011:

> But I can't help feeling that as we continue to add more features,
> we've eventually going to end up with our backs to the wall.  Not sure
> what to do about that, but...

What I've imagined for a long time is psql being able to display each
row in more than one line; for example something like

\df

                       Listado de funciones
 Esquema |      Nombre       | Tipo de dato de salida | Tipo
 Tipos de datos de argumentos

---------+-------------------+------------------------+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 public  | bt_metap          | record                 | normal
 relname text, OUT magic integer, OUT version integer, OUT root integer, OUT
level integer, OUT fastroot integer, OUT fastlevel integer
 public  | bt_page_items     | SETOF record           | normal
 relname text, blkno integer, OUT itemoffset smallint, OUT ctid tid, OUT
itemlen smallint, OUT nulls boolean, OUT vars boolean, OUT data text

So it's not as horizontally-wasteful as expanded, but it's much more
readable than aligned.

--
Álvaro Herrera <alvhe...@commandprompt.com>