On 11/15/2011 10:29 AM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
They were deleted but there are transactions with older snapshots.
I think vacuum uses the term "nondeletable" or "nonremovable".  Not sure
which one is less bad.  Not being a native speaker, they all sound
horrible to me.

I would go more for something like "deadinuse". Saying they are unremovable isn't very helpful because it doesn't lead the user to knowing why. If the name gives some suggestion as to why they are unremovable--in this case that they are still potentially visible and usable by old queries--that would be a useful naming improvement to me.

--
Greg Smith   2ndQuadrant US    g...@2ndquadrant.com   Baltimore, MD