On 1/9/12 1:37 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:

Shouldn't it have been closed weeks ago?

It's still "In Progress" mostly because I flaked out for the holidays after pushing to get most things ready for commit or returned a few weeks ago, but not quite nailing it shut. I'm back to mostly full-time on this starting tomorrow, the remains I can deal with will get sorted out then.

The main question still lingering about is the viability of pushing out an 9.2alpha3 at this point. That was originally scheduled for December 20th. There was a whole lot of active code whacking still in progress that week though. And as soon as that settled (around the 30th), there was a regular flurry of bug fixes for a solid week there. A quick review of recent activity suggests right now might finally be a good time to at least tag alpha3; exactly what to do about releasing the result I don't have a good suggestion for.

There were 31 things committed during CF 2011-11. It feels to me like there was a larger balance of refactoring compared to feature changes in this one compared to most. That seems like something we'd like to get more regression testing on, but at the same time there's not too many new things for people to be excited about trying.

--
Greg Smith   2ndQuadrant US    g...@2ndquadrant.com   Baltimore, MD