On 2/8/12 6:17 AM, Christian Nicolaisen wrote:
Hi

We have some tables with documents and their metadata (filename, filetype, etc).
Most of the time we just want to get the metadata (filename, filetype, etc) and
not the document itself.
In this case it would be nice to have the metadata (which wouldn't end up on
the TOAST) on a fast array (SSD-based),
and put the filedata on a slow array (HDD-based). It's probably possible to
have two tables one for metadata and one
for the extra file, but this is a workaround.
Did you intend to post a patch? Because nothing was attached. Also, if you're
submitting a patch you should add it to the next commitfest.