On 02/19/2012 12:24 AM, Robert Haas wrote:
I think we might want to consider
adjusting our auto-tuning formula for wal_buffers to allow for a
higher cap, although this is obviously not enough data to draw any
firm conclusions.

That's an easy enough idea to throw into my testing queue. The 16MB auto-tuning upper bound was just the easiest number to suggest that was obviously useful and unlikely to be wasteful. One of the reasons wal_buffers remains a user-visible parameter was that no one every really did an analysis at what its useful upper bound was--and that number might move up as other bottlenecks are smashed too.

--
Greg Smith   2ndQuadrant US    g...@2ndquadrant.com   Baltimore, MD