On 03/23/2012 11:07 AM, Peter Geoghegan wrote:
On 22 March 2012 22:05, Andrew Dunstan<and...@dunslane.net>  wrote:

On 03/22/2012 05:49 PM, Bruce Momjian wrote:

Robert Haas and I are disappointed by this change.  I liked the fact
that I could post nice-looking SQL queries without having to use my
capslock key (which I use as a second control key).  Any chance of
reverting this change?

Should it be governed by a setting?
Perhaps, but I find the behaviour that was introduced by Peter's patch
to be a more preferable default.

Upper casing SQL keywords is a common style, which is used in lots of our code (e.g. regression tests, psql queries, pg_dump). I think the default should match what is in effect our house style, and what we have historically done.

cheers

andrew