Well, I was assuming that there was some intelligence in the receiver that could effectively parse this for the application; are you suggesting that is effectively binary deltas to apply to raw pages?

Certainly, Sybase rep server works by creating function calls or SQL updates (depending on how you set it all up), and a fairly simple parser can be used to process the received stream.

I was hoping that the receiver code could be used to at least identify which tuples are affected and their before/after primary keys.

Ideally the result would be a packet by transaction, listing the impacted tables and for each table a list of affected primary keys and whether they were inserted, deleted or updated.

James