Hello,

So it is possible to do this in other ways but I thought it might be interesting to allow people to define fifo or pipe as a log_desination. This would allow a person to tail the fifo to receive the outputs of the log as it happens but would not take up precious IO or space from the disk. I personally have found this valuable when diagnosing immediate unexpected problems. It would also work on Windows.

Sincerely,

JD

High Availability, Oracle Conversion, Postgres-XC
@cmdpromptinc - 509-416-6579