On 11/07/2012 02:46 PM, David Fetter wrote:

On Wed, Nov 07, 2012 at 12:55:03PM -0800, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

Hello,

So it is possible to do this in other ways but I thought it might be
interesting to allow people to define fifo or pipe as a
log_desination.  This would allow a person to tail the fifo to
receive the outputs of the log as it happens but would not take up
precious IO or space from the disk.  I personally have found this
valuable when diagnosing immediate unexpected problems.  It would
also work on Windows.

I've often wanted this feature, and it's a pleasant surprise (at least
to me) that Windows has the underlying capability.

Alright, we will see what we can do to put this together.

JD

Cheers,
David.

High Availability, Oracle Conversion, Postgres-XC
@cmdpromptinc - 509-416-6579