On Sun, Dec 2, 2012 at 5:56 AM, Phil Sorber <p...@omniti.com> wrote:

> Here is the updated patch. I renamed it, but using v5 to stay consistent.

After looking at this patch, I found the following problems:
- There are a couple of whitespaces still in the code, particularly at the
end of those lines
+       const char *pguser = NULL;
+       const char *pgdbname = NULL;
- When describing the values that are returned by pg_isready, it is awkward
to refer to the returning values as plain integers as those values are part
of an enum. You should add references to PQPING_OK, PQPING_REJECT,
PQPING_NO_RESPONSE and PQPING_NO_ATTEMPT instead. Also add to reference
links in the docs redirecting to them, with things of the type <xref
linkend="libpq-pqpingparams-pqping-ok"> or related.
- Same thing with this example:
+   <para>
+    Standard Usage:
+    <screen>
+     <computeroutput>0</computeroutput>
+    </screen>
+   </para>
For the time being PQPING_OK returns 0 because it is on top of the enum
PGPing, but this might change if for a reason or another the order of
outputs is changed.

Once those things are fixed, I think this will be ready for committer
review as everybody here seem to agree with your approach.
--
Michael Paquier
http://michael.otacoo.com