On 17.01.2013 15:05, Andres Freund wrote:
On 2013-01-17 13:47:41 +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
I think that bug has been introduced by commit 7fcbf6a.
Before splitting xlog reading as a separate facility things worked
correctly.
There are also no delay problems before this commit.

Ok, my inkling proved to be correct, its two related issues:

a ) The error handling in XLogReadRecord is inconsistent, it doesn't
always reset the necessary things.

b) ReadRecord: We cannot not break out of the retry loop in readRecord
just so, just removing the break seems correct.

c) ReadRecord: (minor): We should log an error even if errormsg is not
set, otherwise we wont jump out far enough.

I think at least a) and b) is the result of merges between development
of different people, sorry for that.

Got a patch?

- Heikki