On 17.01.2013 17:42, Andres Freund wrote:
Ok, the attached patch seems to fix a) and b). c) above is bogus, as
explained in a comment in the patch.  I also noticed that the TLI check
didn't mark the last source as failed.

This looks fragile:

                        /*
                         * We only end up here without a message when
XLogPageRead() failed
                         * - in that case we already logged something.
                         * In StandbyMode that only happens if we have been
triggered, so
                         * we shouldn't loop anymore in that case.
                         */
                        if (errormsg == NULL)
                                break;

I don't like relying on the presence of an error message to control logic like that. Should we throw in an explicit CheckForStandbyTrigger() check in the condition of that loop?

- Heikki