On 13-01-28 06:23 AM, Andres Freund wrote:
The CF is also there to find UI warts and such, so something like this seems perfectly fine. Even moreso as it doesn't look this will get into 9.3 anyway. I wanted to add such an option, but I was too lazy^Wbusy to think about the sematics. Your current syntax doesn't really allow arguments to be specified in a nice way. I was thinking of -o name=value and allowing multiple specifications of -o to build the option string. Any arguments against that?

Multiple -o options sound fine to me.

        /* Initiate the replication stream at specified location */
-       snprintf(query, sizeof(query), "START_LOGICAL_REPLICATION '%s' %X/%X",
-                        slot, (uint32) (startpos >> 32), (uint32) startpos);
+       snprintf(query, sizeof(query), "START_LOGICAL_REPLICATION '%s' %X/%X
(%s)",
+                        slot, (uint32) (startpos >> 32), (uint32)
startpos,plugin_opts);
ISTM that (%s) shouldn't be specified when there are no options, but as
the options need to be pre-escaped anyway, that looks like a non-problem
in a bit more complete implementation.

Greetings,

Andres Freund