On 02/13/2013 09:54 AM, Simon Riggs wrote:

I'd call it out as a marketing name. I guess it's fractal in the sense that
all levels of the tree can hold "leaf tuples" in the buffers; the structure
looks the same no matter how deep you zoom, like a fractal.. But "Buffered"
would be more appropriate IMO.

I hope for their sake there is more to it than that. It's hard to see
how buffering can be patented.

Talk to Apple about that. It only needs to be worded correctly.

JD

High Availability, Oracle Conversion, Postgres-XC
@cmdpromptinc - 509-416-6579