Hi,

When I accessed the materialized view in the standby server,
I got the following ERROR message. Looks odd to me. Is this a bug?

    ERROR:  materialized view "hogeview" has not been populated
    HINT:  Use the REFRESH MATERIALIZED VIEW command.

The procedure to reproduce this error message is:

In the master server:
    CREATE TABLE hoge (i int);
    INSERT INTO hoge VALUES (generate_series(1,100));
    CREATE MATERIALIZED VIEW hogeview AS SELECT * FROM hoge;
    DELETE FROM hoge;
    REFRESH MATERIALIZED VIEW hogeview;
    SELECT count(*) FROM hogeview;

In the standby server
    SELECT count(*) FROM hogeview;

SELECT count(*) goes well in the master, and expectedly returns 0.
OTOH, in the standby, it emits the error message.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao