2013/4/24 Bruce Momjian <br...@momjian.us>:
> Thanks for the many suggestions on improving the 9.3 release notes.
> There were many ideas I would have never thought of.  Please keep the
> suggestions coming.

One small suggestion:

      <listitem>
       <para>
        Have <quote>session id</> (<literal>%c</>) in <link
        linkend="guc-log-line-prefix"><varname>log_line_prefix</></link>
        always output four hex digits after the period (Bruce Momjian)
       </para>
      </listitem>

This doesn't sound quite right - on OS X at least, PIDs go up to
99998, which means
%c may output 5 hex digits after the period. The following might be
more pedantically
accurate:

      <listitem>
       <para>
        Have <quote>session id</> (<literal>%c</>) in <link
        linkend="guc-log-line-prefix"><varname>log_line_prefix</></link>
        always pad the PID value with zeros so at least four hex digits are
        displayed after the period (Bruce Momjian)
       </para>
      </listitem>

if my slightly disengaged brain is grokking the source correctly:

src/backend/utils/error/elog.c:
  appendStringInfo(buf, "%lx.%04x", (long) (MyStartTime), MyProcPid);

Regards

Ian Barwick