On 2013.05.09 11:22 AM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
Darren Duncan wrote:
On 2013.05.09 10:40 AM, Pavel Stehule wrote:
I am writing a article about 9.3. I found so event trigger functions is not
complete. We have only pg_event_trigger_dropped_objects() function. It looks
really strange and asymmetric. Can we implement similar function for CREATE as
minimum to 9.3?

I am expecting so this function should not be too complex - and can be moved to
contrib maybe (if it is too late now).

Really, the touted new event triggers feature in fact only works for
dropping objects rather than for all DDL or other events?

It works for all DDL.  It provides complete information for drops, not
other kinds of commands.  This will be expanded later.

If so, then the feature seems seriously incomplete.

Feel free to contribute during the 9.4 development cycle.

Your appreciation for the work that already went into this feature is
duly noted.

Sorry if I came across as not appreciating the work already done. I in fact do appreciate it.

I made a mistake.  Please disregard my initial comment.

-- Darren Duncan