On 06/04/2013 01:55 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:

That seems rather like a catch-22 Bruce.  If they don't check with the
legal department, it's dangerous, but if they do check, it's dangerous?

Presumably if they checked with the legal department, it's cleared.  We
should be wary of stuff contributed by company employees who *didn't* check.

This particular tool seems highly unlikely to be legitimately
patentable, anyway.  There's too much prior art.

"legitimately patentable" is a rather ethereal phrase in our industry right now don't you think?

JD

--
Command Prompt, Inc. - http://www.commandprompt.com/  509-416-6579
High Availability, Oracle Conversion, Postgres-XC, @cmdpromptinc