On 2013-06-26 18:52:30 +0300, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> There's this in the comment near the top of the file:

Btw, I find the 'you' used in the comment somewhat irritating. Not badly
so, but reading something like:

 * When you are about to write
 * out WAL, it is important to call WaitXLogInsertionsToFinish() *before*
 * acquiring WALWriteLock, to avoid deadlocks. Otherwise you might get stuck
 * waiting for an insertion to finish (or at least advance to next
 * uninitialized page), while you're holding WALWriteLock.

just seems strange to me. If this directed at plugin authors, maybe, but
it really isn't...

But that's probably a question for a native speaker...

Greetings,

Andres Freund