Note about the POC patch limitations/questions:

 - is deriving a schedule with a piece of shell okay?
   or should perl/python/whatever scripting be better?

 - the big_schedule is assumed "sequential", i.e. one test per line.
   maybe it could/should be parallel?

 - I'm not sure of the "parallel_schedule" and "big_schedule"
   file names are the best possible choices.

 - I'm really not sure about VPATH stuff.

 - I do not understand why the makefile specifies $(srcdir) before
   local files in some places.

 - should the "bigcheck" target be accessible from the project root?
   that is should "make bigcheck" from ../../.. work?

 - the documentation is not updated, I guess something should be done
   somewhere.

--
Fabien.