* Andres Freund (and...@2ndquadrant.com) wrote:
> I don't think we're designing a feature that's supposed to be used under
> heavy concurrency here. If you have users/tools doing conflicting
> actions as superusers you need to solve that by social means, not by
> technical ones.

If this actually gets used by puppet or another CMS, the chances of the
'social means' being successful drop drastically.

I agree that it doesn't need to work under heavy concurrency, but it
should do something sensible if it happens- perhaps even just throwing
an error if it can't acquire the lock immediately, warning the user that
some other process is trying to modify the config concurrently.

        Thanks,

                Stephen