On 08/16/2013 10:44 AM, Vlad Arkhipov wrote:
On 08/15/2013 03:27 AM, Jim Nasby wrote:
On 8/14/13 12:31 AM, Vlad Arkhipov wrote:
I used to use VACUUM FULL periodically to resolve the issue, but the problem arises again in 2-3 months. Here is the statistics (from pgstattuple). I run VACUUM FULL on 2013-08-07.

How much non-temporary DDL do you do? It's possible that you end up with a tuple at the end of the table for a non-temporary object. One of those would stay valid for quite some time, and if you're unlucky then you'll end up with another long-lived row farther down the table, etc, etc.

Depending on how frequently you're creating temp objects, autovac might not be able to keep up. Assuming that a manual vacuum doesn't take too long it might be a good idea to cron a manual vacuum (NOT FULL) of that table once a minute.
Not much. 1-2 tables per day.