On Aug 20, 2013, at 3:38 PM, Pavel Stehule <pavel.steh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> pg_notify returns void, so there are no necessary casting to void
>
> so enhanced check - so all returned columns are void should be enough

What if I call another function I wrote myself that returns an INT, but I do
not care about the INT? Maybe that function does the insert and returns the
number of inserted rows.

I can think of all kinds of reasons this might be the case; whether they are
good or bad approaches is immaterial: sometimes you work with what you have.

I am find with PERFORM to determine when a query's results should be discarded.
I just think it needs to cover a few more cases.

Best,

David