On Fri, Sep 27, 2013 at 1:28 PM, Sawada Masahiko <sawada.m...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Thank you for comment. I think it is good simple idea.
> In your opinion, if synchronous_transfer is set 'all' and
> synchronous_commit is set 'on',
> the master wait for data flush eve if user sets synchronous_commit to
> 'local' or 'off'.
> For example, when user want to do transaction early, user can't do this.
> we leave the such situation as constraint?

No, user can still override the transaction commit point wait. So if

synchronous_transfer is set to "all":
 - If synchronous_commit is ON - wait at all points
 - If synchronous_commit is OFF - wait only at buffer flush (and other
related to failback safety) points

synchronous_transfer is set to "data_flush":
 - If synchronous_commit is either ON o OFF - do not wait at commit points,
but wait at all other points

synchronous_transfer is set to "commit":
 - If synchronous_commit is ON - wait at commit point
 - If synchronous_commit is OFF - do not wait at any point

Thanks,
Pavan

--
Pavan Deolasee