On 08 October 2013 15:22 KONDO Mitsumasa wrote:
> (2013/10/08 17:33), Haribabu kommi wrote:
>> The checkpoint_timeout and checkpoint_segments are increased to make sure no
>> checkpoint happens during the test run.

>Your setting is easy occurred checkpoint in checkpoint_segments = 256. I don't
>know number of disks in your test server, in my test server which has 4
>magnetic disk(1.5k rpm), postgres generates 50 - 100 WALs per minutes.

A manual checkpoint is executed before starting of the test and verified as no
checkpoint happened during the run by increasing the "checkpoint_warning".

>And I cannot understand your setting which is sync_commit = off. This setting
>tend to cause cpu bottle-neck and data-loss. It is not general in database
>usage.
Therefore, your test is not fair comparison for Fujii's patch.

I chosen the sync_commit=off mode because it generates more tps, thus it
increases the volume of WAL.
I will test with sync_commit=on mode and provide the test results.

Regards,
Hari babu.