On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 4:16 PM, Andres Freund <and...@2ndquadrant.com>wrote:

>  I don't think delaying the message is a good
>  idea.

Comment in walsender.c says:

            /*
             * If we're in catchup state, move to streaming.  This is an
             * important state change for users to know about, since before
             * this point data loss might occur if the primary dies and we
             * need to failover to the standby.
             */

IOW it claims no data loss will occur after this point. But if the WAL is
cached on the master side, isn't this a false claim i.e. the data loss can
still occur even after master outputs the log message and changes the state
to streaming. Or am I still getting it wrong ?

Thanks,
Pavan
--
Pavan Deolasee