Hi,

Many distros are switching/switched to systemd. In the git repo, we only
have init script for SysV. Would it make sense to add systemd service
script to our tarball as well? This could also standardize the systemd
scripts used in other distros.

http://svn.pgrpms.org/browser/rpm/redhat/9.3/postgresql/F-19/postgresql-9.3.service
 is an example of what we use in the RPMs. (if website fails, please just
reload)

Attached is a modified version that will work with the compile defaults.

Regards,
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
[Unit]

[Service]
Type=forking

User=postgres
Group=postgres

# Note: avoid inserting whitespace in these Environment= lines, or you may
# break postgresql-setup.

# Port number for server to listen on
Environment=PGPORT=5432

# Location of database directory
Environment=PGDATA=/usr/local/pgsql/data/

# Where to send early-startup messages from the server (before the logging
# options of postgresql.conf take effect)
StandardOutput=syslog

# Disable OOM kill on the postmaster
OOMScoreAdjust=-1000

ExecStart=/usr/local/pgsql/bin/pg_ctl start -D ${PGDATA} -s -o "-p ${PGPORT}"
-w -t 300
ExecStop=/usr/local/pgsql/bin/pg_ctl stop -D ${PGDATA} -s -m fast
ExecReload=/usr/local/pgsql/bin/pg_ctl reload -D ${PGDATA} -s

# Give a reasonable amount of time for the server to start up/shut down
TimeoutSec=300

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target