On 01/27/2014 07:09 AM, KONDO Mitsumasa wrote:
(2014/01/23 23:18), Andrew Dunstan wrote:
What is more, if the square root calculation is affecting your benchmarks, I
suspect you are benchmarking the wrong thing.
I run another test that has two pgbench-clients in same time, one is select-only-query and another is executing 'SELECT *  pg_stat_statement' query in every one second. I used v6 patch in this test.

The issue of concern is not the performance of pg_stat_statements, AUIU. The issue is whether this patch affects performance generally, i.e. is there a significant cost in collecting these extra stats. To test this you would compare two general pgbench runs, one with the patch applied and one without. I personally don't give a tinker's cuss about whether the patch slows down pg_stat_statements a bit.

cheers

andrew