On 03/06/2014 10:46 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
Magnus Hagander <mag...@hagander.net> writes:
However, if the new hstore type (compatible with the old one) is the
wrapper around jsonb, rather than the other way around, I don't see any
problem with it at all. Most future users are almost certainly going to use
the json interfaces, but we don't want to leave upgraded users behind. (But
of course it has to actually maintain backwards compatibility for that
argument to hold)
Yeah --- all of this turns on whether hstore improvements can be 100%
upwards compatible or not.  If they are, I don't object to including them;
I'd have said it was wasted effort, but if the work is already done then
that's moot.

Clearly there are people who want it, or else they would not have sponsored the work.

We seem to have an emerging consensus on the compatibility issue.

cheers

andrew