On 03/13/2014 03:17 PM, Fujii Masao wrote:
On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 1:49 PM, KONDO Mitsumasa
<kondo.mitsum...@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
(2014/03/09 1:49), Fabien COELHO wrote:

I'm okay with this UI and its implementation.

OK.

We should do the same discussion for the UI of command-line option?
The patch adds two options --gaussian and --exponential, but this UI
seems to be a bit inconsistent with the UI for \setrandom. Instead,
we can use something like --distribution=[uniform | gaussian | exponential].

IMHO we should just implement the \setrandom changes, and not add any of these options to modify the standard test workload. If someone wants to run TPC-B workload with gaussian or exponential distribution, they can implement it as a custom script. The docs include the script for the standard TPC-B workload; just copy-paster that and modify the \setrandom lines.

- Heikki