On 05/08/2014 11:19 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakan...@vmware.com> writes:
On 05/08/2014 08:01 AM, Michael Paquier wrote:
Since commit a692ee5, code compilation on windows is full of warnings
caused by the re-definitions of popen and pclose:
Hmm. Does the MinGW version of popen() and system() do the quoting for
you? If we just #ifdef the defines, then we will not use the wrappers on
MinGW, which would be wrong if the quoting is needed there. If it's not
needed, then we shouldn't be compiling the wrapper functions in the
first place.
Another problem, if we do need the wrappers on mingw, is that the
"#undef" commands in system.c will presumably result in the wrong
things happening in the wrapper functions, since the platform needs
us to use their macros there.

I'm pretty sure we need this on Mingw - this SYSTEMQUOTE stuff dates back well before 8.3, IIRC, which is when we first got full MSVC support.

cheers

andrew