From: "Michael Paquier" <michael.paqu...@gmail.com>
When doing some work on Windows, I noticed that the mkvc specs in
src/tools/msvc use wsock32.lib, which is as far as I understand an
old, obsolete version of the Windows socket library. Wouldn't it make
sense to update the specs to build only with ws2_32.lib like in the
patch attached?

Yes, that makes sense, because wsock32.dll is an obsolete WinSock 1.1 library, while ws2_32.dll is a successor WinSock 2.0 library which is fully compatible with the old one.

Doing "grep -lir wsock32 ." shows the following files. Could you modify and test these files as well for code cleanup?

./configure
./configure.in
./contrib/pgcrypto/Makefile
./src/interfaces/libpq/Makefile