On 08/19/2014 05:38 PM, Andres Freund wrote:
On 2014-08-19 10:33:29 -0400, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
Heikki Linnakangas wrote:

Barring objections or better ideas, I'm leaning towards
XLogReadBufferForRedo.

WFM

for me too. Although we could imo strip the 'XLog' in the beginning if
we want to make it shorter. The ForRedo is saying that pretty much.

I committed the redo-routine refactoring patch. I kept the XLog prefix in the XLogReadBufferForRedo name; it's redundant, but all the other similar functions in xlogutils.c use the XLog prefix so it would seem inconsistent to not have it here.

I'll post a new version of the main patch shortly...

- Heikki