On 9/25/14, 8:38 AM, Robert Haas wrote:
That's my whole reason for not wanting to adopt Fabien's approach in the first place: I was cool with exposing C's modulo operator, but any other modulo semantics seem like they should be built up from general-purpose primitives.

Maybe; I don't quite understand his requirements well enough yet to know if that's possible, or if it's easier to give him a full special operator of his own. But since what you did makes that easier, too, forward progress regardless.

Anyway, I think the first thing is that somebody needs to spend some time testing, polishing, and documenting this patch, before we start adding to it. I'm hoping someone else will volunteer - other tasks beckon.

I bouncing it to here for you, and I expect to help with those parts presumably in addition to Fabien's help: https://commitfest.postgresql.org/action/patch_view?id=1581