On 10/02/2014 02:52 AM, Peter Geoghegan wrote:
Having been surprisingly successful at advancing our understanding of
arguments for and against various approaches to "value locking", I
decided to try the same thing out elsewhere. I have created a
general-purpose UPSERT wiki page.

The page is: https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/UPSERT

Thanks!

Could you write down all of the discussed syntaxes, using a similar notation we use in the manual, with examples on how to use them? And some examples on what is possible with some syntaxes, and not with others? That would make it a lot easier to compare them.

- Heikki