On 10/17/14, 11:19 PM, David E. Wheeler wrote:
On Oct 17, 2014, at 3:18 PM, Tom Lane <t...@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

Yeah, exactly.  Personally I'm *not* for this, but if we do it we should
do it consistently: every comma-separated list in the SQL syntax should
work the same.

PL/pgSQL, too, I presume.

Yes.

The only case I can think of where we wouldn't want this is COPY.

BTW, this should also apply to delimiters other than commas; for example, some
geometry types use ; as a delimiter between points.

I do think such a change should be made in stages, and maybe not every last one
makes it into 9.5, but the intention should certainly be that we support extra
delimiters *everywhere*.