Hackers,

In Mac OS X 10.10 “Yosemite,” Apple removed SystemStarter, upon which our OS X
start script has relied since 2007. So here is a patch that adds support for
its replacement, launchd. It includes 7 day log rotation like the old script
did. The install script still prefers the SystemStarter approach for older
versions of the OS, for the sake of easier backward compatibility. We could
change that if we wanted, since launchd has been part of the OS for around a
decade.