On 25/11/14 16:23, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
Robert Haas wrote:
On Tue, Nov 25, 2014 at 9:19 AM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvhe...@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
Fujii Masao wrote:
On Tue, Nov 25, 2014 at 7:58 AM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvhe...@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
And here is v10 which fixes conflicts with Heikki's WAL API changes (no
changes otherwise).

After some slight additional changes, here's v11, which I intend to
commit early tomorrow.  The main change is moving the test module from
contrib to src/test/modules.

When I specify the XID of the aborted transaction in pg_xact_commit_timestamp(),
it always returns 2000-01-01 09:00:00+09. Is this intentional?

Well, when a transaction has not committed, nothing is written so on
reading we get all zeroes which corresponds to the timestamp you give.
So yeah, it is intentional.  We could alternatively check pg_clog and
raise an error if the transaction is not marked either COMMITTED or
SUBCOMMITTED, but I'm not real sure there's much point.

Maybe 0 should get translated to a NULL return, instead of a bogus timestamp.

That's one idea --- surely no transaction is going to commit at 00:00:00
on 2000-01-01 anymore.  Yet this is somewhat discomforting.

I solved it for xids that are out of range by returning -infinity and then changing that to NULL in sql interface, but no idea how to do that for aborted transactions.