Richard Pais <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Just an explanation in the FAQ that the ipc-daemon is not running won't suffice.
>Because in my case I had ipc-daemon (version 1.11) running and it still hung (Jason's
>patch reported the IpcMemoryCreate error).  Only when I downgraded to version 1.09
>(office) and upgraded to 1.13 (home) did initdb succeed.  So I'd suggest also
>covering this scenario.
>Thanks,
>Richard
[...]

It will. But should be augmented with REAL tests about ipc-daemon's working (cygwin's
ps is not the case):
 - either run cygipc test suite
 - or check event viewer for cygipc entries (or \CYGWIN_SYSLOG.TXT and/or console in
w9x case)

The fact that 1.09 worked in your case, could happen because 1.09 is (maybe) more
relaxed about the "/tmp" file permissions than others.

SLao

TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster