The test suite should probably be reimplemented in Perl.  (I might be
able to help.)  Again, ingenious, but it's very hard to follow the
sequence of what is being tested.  And some Windows person is going to
complain. ;-)

I took a shot at rewriting the tests in perl. It works, but I would appreciate help in reviewing and fixing any bad perl I may have written. I have not added new tests or changed the things they test, this is just a straightforward translation from the mix of bash scripts and pg_regress to perl.

- Heikki