On 1/22/15 1:43 PM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
Andres Freund wrote:

2) Make movedb() (and possibly created(), not sure yet) use proper WAL
    logging and log the whole copied data. I think this is the right long
    term fix and would end up being much more reliable. But it either
    requires some uglyness during redo (creating nonexistant database
    directories on the fly during redo) or new wal records.

    Doable, but probably too large/invasive to backpatch.

Not to mention the extra WAL traffic ...

Yeah, I don't know that we actually want #2. It's bad enough to copy an entire
database locally, but to then put it's entire contents into WAL? Blech.