On 2015/03/14 7:18, Robert Haas wrote:
I think the foreign data wrapper join pushdown case, which also aims
to substitute a scan for a join, is interesting to think about, even
though it's likely to be handled by a new FDW method instead of via
the hook.  Where should the FDW method get called from?

I haven't had enough time to review the patch in details yet, so I don't know where we should call the method, but I'd vote for the idea of substituting a scan for a join, because I think that idea would probably allow update pushdown, which I'm proposing in the current CF, to scale up to handling a pushed-down update on a join.

Best regards,
Etsuro Fujita