On 2015-03-22 00:47:12 +0100, Tomas Vondra wrote:
from time to time I need to correlate PostgreSQL logs to other logs,
containing numeric timestamps - a prime example of that is pgbench. With
%t and %m that's not quite trivial, because of timezones etc.

I have a hard time seing this is sufficient cause for adding more format
codes. They're not free runtime and documentation wise. -0.5 from me.

The proposed format is much simpler to manage in a script, and if you're interested in runtime, its formatting would be less expensive than %t and %m.

--
Fabien.