On 24/03/15 20:56, Bruce Momjian wrote:
On Fri, Mar 20, 2015 at 04:43:42PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
On Sat, Nov  8, 2014 at 09:53:18PM +0100, Álvaro Hernández Tortosa wrote:
On 07/11/14 22:02, Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:
Kevin Grittner wrote:
I think most people have always assumed that
BEGIN starts the transaction and that is the point at
which the snapshot is obtained.
But there is so much evidence to the contrary.  Not only does the
*name* of the command (BEGIN or START) imply a start, but
pg_stat_activity shows the connection "idle in transaction" after
the command (and before a snapshot is acquired)
Er...I think we are arguing the same thing here. So no contrary
needed? :)
     So do we agree to fix the docs? ^_^
Doc patch attached.
Patch applied.  Thanks for the report.