On 06/02/15 21:39, Tom Lane wrote:
I wrote:
I'm a bit disturbed by that, because AFAICS from the plans, these queries
did not involve any semi or anti joins, which should mean that the patch
would not have changed the planner's behavior.

After contemplating my navel for awhile, it occurred to me that maybe the
patch's changes in add_path_precheck could have caused behavioral changes
at the margins.  Could you try a run without that (without the last two
hunks in pathnode.c)?

Yes, I think that's the cause. See the end of the message I sent just before you posted this.