Peter Eisentraut wrote:
<snip>
Press release:

        - Supports data in many international characters sets (UNICODE, EUC_JP,
          EUC_CN, EUC_KR, JOHAB, EUC_TW, ISO 8859-1 ECMA-94, KOI8, WIN1256, etc...)

That is just plain wrong.  Support for various character sets is years
old.
Sure is. Notice it didn't say "just added" or "added with this release"?

It just says "supports". It's to highlight the fact that it can be used for non-English character sets. Sure, a whole bunch of people know this, but the main target of the press release is people new to PostgreSQL that don't.

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

- Indira Gandhi