On 06/12/2015 09:31 AM, Robert Haas wrote:
Could we update our git hook to refuse a push of a new commit whose
timestamp is more than, say, 24 hours in the past?  Our commit history
has some timestamps in it now that are over a month off, and it's
really easy to do, because when you rebase a commit, it keeps the old
timestamp.  If you then merge or cherry-pick that into an official
branch rather than patch + commit, you end up with this problem unless
you are careful to fix it by hand.  It would be nice to prevent
further mistakes of this sort, as they create confusion.

+1.

I think 24 hours is probably fairly generous, but in principle this seems right - the timestamp would ideally be pretty close to the time it hits the public tree.

cheers

andrew